Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Call For Love Devotion - May 11: I'm Committed to My Art

"I believe that all art has as its ultimate goal the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine. And I believe that that is the very reason for the existence of art and what I do. And I feel fortunate in being that instrument through which music flows.... Deep inside I feel that this world we live in is really a big, huge, monumental symphonic orchestra.

"…The same new miracle intervals and biological rhythms that sound out the architecture of my DNA also governs the movement of the stars. The same music governs the rhythm of the seasons, the pulse of our heartbeats, the migration of birds, the ebb and flow of ocean tides, the cycles of growth, evolution and dissolution. It's music, it's rhythm. And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance. It's like, my purpose, it's what I'm here for."

~ Michael Jackson 1992 Ebony/Jet Interview


Dearest Michael,

Thank you for inviting all of us to be a part of your Symphony of Love. We only need to look to you as our conductor, our maestro, and we will know when and how to play and sing our individual notes. We know our only responsibility is to play our own note as clear and true as we possibly can. As individual notes, we are beautiful in our own right, but when we sing and play together as one, we really shine, and our individual beauty is enhanced by one another beyond anything we could ever dream of.

We thank you for being with us, and encouraging us to remember who we really are. Please help us to set an example for those who are just behind us on the path, as we also reach out to those in front of us for a hand up along the way. Please help us to remember that our job is not to tell others how to play their notes, but rather to applaud their efforts and know that each one of us is as special and unique as the next. The symphony can only be it’s best when all of it’s notes are playing their parts in harmony. At the same time, we take comfort in knowing that if we feel we can not play our note for a time, or if we must play it only very quietly, the rest of the Symphony will carry us along until we feel strong enough to join in. In this way we can all achieve what you have shown us is possible – the ecstasy of divine union.

Love you forever,
Your many dedicated notes

Written by Brenda Jenkyns
Copyright © 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment