Saturday, June 4, 2011

Call For Love Devotion - June 4

Eternal One,

For my life
The senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch
Enriching my life
So very much
The ability to walk and talk and think and reason
To laugh … and yes, even, to cry
With heartbroken sobs
As I try
To understand why
I thank you.

For Planet Earth
Her rivers and valleys
Snow-capped peaks
And green forests
Her sandy beaches
And rock formations
Millions of years in the making
Her quiet glens
And crashing tides
The waves that crush
And waves we ride
I thank you.

For giant whales
And ants so small
Elephants
And giraffes so tall
For graceful horses
And awkward,
Flightless birds
Roaring tigers
And thunderous herds
I thank you.

For music
That fills our hearts
Moves our feet
Tickles our bones
‘til we can’t keep our seats
Wakes us with the dawning day
And hoots us to sleep
When we’ve lost our way
Moves our emotions
Transports us in time
Brings us comfort
Tho the words don’t rhyme
I thank you.

For stars
Lighting the night sky
And suns
Helping us tell time
Galaxies that spin and twirl
Nebulae of multi-colored hues
Supernovas exploding
Far away from our world
Planets that orbit endlessly in space
And gravity that holds them all in place
I thank you.

For Angels
Who hold our dreams in their hands
Travel our world
Every city, every land
Performing quiet miracles
Wherever they go
Disguised as rock stars
Ready to show
A better way
A brighter day
I thank you.

For allowing me
To be here
To witness what to me
Is so very clear
To be filled with love
Naked, exposed
To this lightning bolt
On toes posed
For piercing my heart
With joy
And with pain
I wouldn’t have had it
Any other way

I thank you!

by Jan Carlson
Copyright (c) 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment