Thursday, July 14, 2011

Call For Love Devotion - July 14: WWMD?

What would Michael do? He broke barriers and lifted us up through his music, his words, his art. His creativity and spirituality inspired millions, including me. Through Michael's gentle urging I have widened my horizon and read books on various religions, books on spirituality, and I did some soulsearching too. Looking in the mirror, I did not always like what I saw. Each day I would ask myself: did my actions and words lead to more love, peace and joy, or less love, peace and joy? And what about my thoughts? Then I realized: we are all a work in progress. If I can be understanding and forgiving towards others, maybe I need to love myself as well? Finding balance is not always easy.

Michael inspires me in so many ways: the lyrics of his songs are, at the right time, answers to my questions. The lyrics and the melody comfort me, reach out, envelop me and strengthen me in my resolve. Michaels speeches and interviews leave me speechless, and make me love him more. What an extraordinary caring, gentle, loving, but also determined and persistant man, artist, teacher, guru, doting father. Through him I suddenly understood wholly and totally pure, unconditional love. Such a wonderful, inspirational, phenomal gift to receive such insights. My love for him knows no bounds, has no beginning and no end, but must not be focused solely on him alone. My love for him opened the door in my heart so wide that now the entire world fits in there too, no matter what the differences are.

Not only did Michael inspire me spiritually, he waited until the time was right to push me out of my creative comfort zone. Now I am exploring new avenues of creative expression, in which music is the creative force behind all my various forms of expression. Born in love and then shared with others in the hope that it inspires others, comforts them or reaches out in an experience undergone in a similar way. We are all connected, and Michael, through his devoted love, is showing us the connections.

Yet, all of this is nice but still mostly theory. What about doing something? Really making a difference? Leaving the planet a better place!

After reading Char's devotion and seeing the video at the end of it and hearing Michael speak the words: "If one person help just one child, just helpone child, they'd done so much. If you can do that, that would be beautiful" . Then I knew what it is I wanted to do. So I did something that enables a child in a country far away to go to school, get three meals a day and when she has become the nurse she wants to be, she can touch the lives of others, give them hope, comfort, the faith to heal. Like the ripples in a pond, all that we do, has an effect on others. Giving hope to someone else, gives me joy and Michael showed me the way.

by Elmira van Galen
Copyright (c) 2011

PS. The video I am referring to is this one "Michael Jackson - Heal the World Spoken Version" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=ocPb4mFIwXg - The words quoted start at 4:34

No comments:

Post a Comment