Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Call For Love Devotion - July 6: Caring For Our Children

June 21, summer solstice, longest day of the year. To me, always a special day, but this one was extra special to me. We had spent the day at Neverland. It had been our dream, Mimi's and mine, to take a copy of our book to the gates of Neverland. We had intended to do it on Michael's birthday in 2010. Due to many unforeseen circumstances, we had been delayed until now. On this special day, I sat and read Ever After on a rock, and left it, with notes to Michael from Mimi and me, tucked behind a vine on the wall by the gate. It had been a perfect day. We had cried and laughed. Met people from China, Denmark, and one online friend who lives in Solvang, who showed us around the town, and is the guardian of the gate when all of us have to be at home in our own countries and towns.

I felt as though love was flowing out of the ground at Neverland. It was in the air. In my mind's eye I could see a fountain of love rising from inside Neverland and flowing out to permeate the air for miles around. At one point I was overwhelmed with the desperate need to do more for Michael, to honor him and serve him. Nothing seemed to be enough to give back for what he has done for me.

We were driving home to Mimi's house, an hour and an half away. I was sitting in the back seat and leaning forward to tell a story of a dream that I had in the summer of 2009, just after Michael was gone, at a time when I was learning about him and who he really was. (This dream is here on my blog in an earlier post.) We did not have any music on, as the IPOD was dead and was being charged up. Right in the middle of my story of my dream, a song started playing by itself. It was a song I had never heard before and Michael's angelic voice was singing "I have this dream. Which I believe. We are children of a distant family. Every child that is born, needs to believe that he belongs. I have this dream."

I could not believe my ears. It was the most beautiful song I had every heard, and it was about his dream for children, which was exactly what my dream had been about. Tears poured down my cheeks, I was vibrating all over, and my heart felt as though it was opening again, as it had two years ago when I had first been struck by Michael's love. It seemed to be an answer to the plea I had made earlier, telling me that Michael's dream and mine are in line, and I am doing what he wants me to do.

During the remainder of the week in California, I Have This Dream came up on our random selection numerous times. It was the song that was playing as we drove out of the gates of Forest Lawn for the last time, and headed for the airport to come home.

At home once again, the song is still haunting me, and I tried to find the lyrics online. The words I found were different than the ones I had heard. They express a beautiful sentiment.

some people say
I live in a fantasy
because I see the world
differently
visions come to me
in my sleep
I closed my eyes
to see what God is showing me

close your eyes
and imagine with me
see the wonder
in every living thing
if we can live
the way it is in my dreams
love will take us to a place where
god can be seen

this is my dream

I have this dream
this i believe
the world a place for all humanity
if we could take love to it's highest level
more than the world has ever seen
I have this dream

let's put Gods love on display
angel of love come my way
it's really up to you and me
one world together in harmony

in my dream I see heaven
and the face of the one perfect being
I see people turning into angels
and God giving them their wings

I have this dream
this I believe
the world's a place
for all humanity

if we could take love
to it's highest level
more than the world has ever seen
I have this dream

Michael, my love, my inspiration, my maestro, I promise that I will do my best to see your dreams come true. I will use any abilities I have, to help to teach a new generation about you, your message, and your love. And every child that comes into my life, will know that he belongs. I share your dream.

by Brenda Jenkyns
Copyright (c) 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment