Saturday, July 9, 2011

Call For Love Devotion - July 9: What Would Michael Do?

I have been so impressed with all the devotions that have been placed here on Call For Love and I thank each and every contributor to this effort to remain grounded while we soar into spiritual realms that many of us never knew we were capable of achieving.

Some topics for upcoming weeks have been suggested. The one I have gravitated most towards is: What Would Michael Do? In my past experiences with Michael Joseph Jackson, I have learned to pay attention to those ‘gravitational’ pulls towards ideas for further investigation or books to be read or causes to which to donate. In these spiritual leadings, I have never been disappointed. That remains true in the decade I like to call ‘my Michael Phase’ (1992-2002), in the two years since he ascended (a time when I ‘fell again’ and continue to fall afresh every day) … and for the foreseeable future.

The words were spoken by Dr. Patrick Treacy on the anniversary of The Day The Earth Stood Still at the Gardner Street Elementary Michael Jackson Auditorium as the conclusion to his speech in celebration of his friend. It’s a question many of us are grappling with on a weekly … or daily … or hourly … basis.

I think Michael, himself, answered the question for us in This Is It as well as in almost every award acceptance speech he delivered, song he sang, short film he envisioned and then made into reality, performance he danced and book he wrote. I don’t think the answer will come as a surprise to anyone. What would Michael do? He would, very simply:

LOVE!

For those of you who know me, this devotion is going to be very brief (an almost unheard of occurrence in my writings … LOL!) It consists of one word. How’s that for brief?

I will offer no proof of that statement. You are all aware of his life and the many instances he spoke that word … with his words, with his actions, with his songs, with his performances.

What I am going to ask you all to do is take a few moments today and close your eyes. Shut out the world clamoring for your attention. Turn off the faucets of chatter that flood your minds in a never-ceasing stream of consciousness.

Now, take your favorite audio clip of Michael Jackson from any stage he ever graced and hear his voice yelling, “I love YOU!” Please place that audio clip in your mind! Hear it! Feel it! BE IT! Sit quietly for a few minutes in that all-encompassing love. Feel it again … hear it again … be it again … just let his beautiful spirit wash you squeaky clean!

I can’t improve on that feeling. Sorry!

by Jan Carlson
Copyright (c) 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment